dinsdag 3 juni 2014

Celebrating my successes instead of grumbling over losses

Whatever life brings to you, you always have some choices. You can choose how to handle several types of situations. You can choose your focus and perspective. Life is full of choices. You always have the freedom to pick whatever you like most.


success and failure sign, which one would you prefer?

Maybe you read my story about Lyme disease and that this disabled me, but still has been a blessing in disguise. Apart from that, I stand for the principle that you get more of what you give attention too. It is a matter of mindset, the way you look at life. It all has to do with focus!

This weekend I cleaned my bed. You know, the sheets etc. Healthy people might think: "So what, I do this every week".

To me it is not that easy. It took me 30 minutes to finish this small task. Such a task is huge to me! And afterwards I was drained.

In such a situation I have a choice!

I can choose to focus on the fact that it is very hard for me to do the job that needs to be done. And feel terrible sorry for myself when I'm feeling drained after finishing it. Instead of doing that, I simply focus on the joy it brings me that I am able to do it! That I did it, one handed and not very stable on my legs.

Every time I do such a thing as cleaning my bed, I celebrate the success and that feels so good! Not being dependent on others to help me. I could easily ask others to do this for me, but I don't want to. No matter how much energy it takes and how painful it is to my body. I want to accomplish something. I want to simply do it!

I refuse to focus on the discomfort and pain

Nothing can stand in my way. I want to feel joy instead of feeling bad about my condition. And this works. My body is still drained, this doesn't change. But instead of drowning into misery, I celebrate the fact that again I pushed my limits successfully. And that feels so good!

I was crying tears of joy, as I always do after successes like this. I felt so happy and even reflecting back on such a "simple task" like described above, I feel the joy! This helps me big time! My mindset is focused on happiness and every time I feed my mind with happy thoughts and feelings I become stronger. The inner happy me grows, which is visible on the outside. Every time I look happier, no matter what!

Celebrate your successes no matter how small they are

Every person has nasty situations, problems, challenges. All on our own level. And in every situation is a blessing. Success is around the corner, it's a matter of looking in the right direction. You can do it to. By being aware of your thoughts and feelings. How do you handle your dark days? What do you think and feel when you have a challenging task to finish? And after answering this, did it make you feel happy to think, feel and/or act like that? If not, it is time to change something! Think of a plan and execute it!

You can do it! If I can, you can do it too, there is no difference between you and me. We are all ONE! Never give up, keep on trying until you made it! In your own perfect pace!


Love and blessings to all of you!
Namasté!



Photo Credits: PixaBay

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten